St. Francis de Sales School is accepting applications for a full-time position as a Kindergarten classroom teacher. A preferred candidate would have experience in science, math, language arts, and/or social studies instruction. A successful candidate must be faith-filled, be dynamic, compassionate, energetic, and willing to work collaboratively in a team environment. It is preferred that applicants be committed to nurturing a child’s relationship with God while promoting academic excellence in a Catholic Liberal Arts classroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop weekly lesson plans consistent with curriculum guidelines
- Motivate students to work to attain their potential as a learner and an individual in the image of Christ
- Provide grade appropriate instructional program within the context of the Catholic Liberal Arts curriculum
- Maintain high professional standards consistent with the mission of the school and the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Responsible for the safety and active supervision of students at all times
- Establish reasonable standards for student achievement, updating electronic gradebook frequently
- Interact effectively and respond to all parent communication in a professional, empathetic and timely manner
- Participate in faculty meetings, retreats, school committees and in-service professional learning opportunities
- Must have the necessary classroom management skills to supervise children
- Work collaboratively with other teachers, staff and administration
- Degree in elementary education from an accredited university
- Current Michigan teaching certification or ability to obtain certification
- Experience in a Catholic school setting is preferred, but not required
- Must be comfortable with technology to include Google Docs, laptops, iPads, online testing, etc.
- Must have a commitment to Catholic school education.
Friday, August 3rd at 5:00 p.m.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, a math or language arts mini-lesson plan, three letters of reference, and a copy of teaching certificate to: